We have different types of wood materials. You can create your own design! You might just be the next pioneer in the world of Kokeshi Doll making!
You can choose from a variety of types of wood.
Although we have examples, you can create a design of your own.
Following the tradition of Sendai style Kokeshi Dolls, we will use two colors, black and red. We also have a slightly lighter red paint, which almost looks pink.
You can utilize these three colors to paint your Kokeshi Doll.
Wether it be a traditional style Kokeshi Doll or a somewhat avant-garde Kokeshi Doll that brings out your creativity.
- Program Name
- Kokeshi Doll Painting Activity
- Available Period
- Throughout the year (closed on Tuesdays)
- Time Required
- 40 ~ 60 minutes
- Opening Hours
- 9AM ~ 5PM (last admission at 3:30PM)
- Number of Persons
- From 1 person
- Program Details
- Reservation necessary: Please give us a call to make a reservation (No E-mail / FAX)
- Fee includes
- Materials and guidance
- Fee doesn't include
- Things to prepare
- Meeting Time/Place
- Please designate specific date and time in advance to your visit to the factory.
- Application starts on / ends on
- We accept reservations until the day before your visit. Please make a reservation as early as possible if you are a big group.
- Age Limit
- Cancellation Fee
- Please contact us in advance in any case you need to cancel your reservation.
- 〒982-0241 54 Uehara, Yumoto, Akiumachi, Taihaku Ward, Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture
- TEL / FAX
- E-Mail Address
- [By car] Approximately 40 minutes via National Route 286 from the city center of Sendai / Approximately 30 minutes via Sendai Nishi Road / Approximately 15 minutes to the west from Tohoku Expressway Sendai Minami IC
[By bus] Sendai Station West Entrance Bus Terminal (Miyagi Kotsu Terminal No.8) → Akiu Onsen Yumoto Bus Stop → 15 minutes on foot
Aobadori Street Bus Stop No.63 (Takeya Kotsu Bus) → Akiu / Kogei-no-Sato Bus Stop *Reservation required for use during the winter season.