Let your body move the brush innocently to find peace within yourself in the quiet, deep mountains.
Otaki Fudoson is also known as a back palace of “Yamadera”.
Sutra handwriting in a cal, silent atmosphere will relax your soul.
Find yourself by moving your brush step by step.
- Program Name
- Sutra Handwriting Dojo
- Available Period
- Throughout the year
- Time Required
- Approximately 2 hours
- Opening Hours
- 10AM ~ 12PM / 2PM ~ 5PM on weekdays (closed earlier in winter)
Please make a reservation for weekends.
- Number of Persons
- From 1 person (Up to 10 persons a day)
- Program Details
- Please make a phone call to make a reservation.
We pay visit to Fudoson before the sutra activity. We then dedicate the sutra to the temple.
- Fee includes
- Sutra handwriting, facility charge, dedication fee
- Fee doesn't include
- Things to prepare
- Meeting Time/Place
- Please designate specific date and time in advance to your visit.
Please come to the temple office next to the main temple.
- Application starts on / ends on
- We can accept reservations on the day (depending on the situation)
*Please make a reservation for visits on weekends.
- Age Limit
- Cancellation Fee
- None (Please contact us in advance)
- Please refrain from taking pictures in the main temple.
- 〒982-0244 11 Otaki, Baba, Akiumachi, Taihaku Ward, Sendai City
- TEL / FAX
- E-Mail Address
- Miyagikotsu Bus or Sendai City Bus: Get off at Akiu Otaki Bus Stop
Approximately 20 minutes by car from Akiu Hot Spring Village